Homemade Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches🍫🍦
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 full container chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (or whatever ice cream you like)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet and then line with parchment paper
2. In a bowl, add melted butter, sugar and brown sugar and mix with your hand mixer on medium speed. Add eggs – mix well! Mix in oil and vanilla extract.
3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Reduce speed of mixer. Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Transfer batter to baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Remove from the oven. Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Slice large brownie sheet in half and place onto a cooling rack. Cool until they reach room temperature and thaw the ice cream for 5-10 minutes.
6. Now use a large spoon or rubber spatula to spread all the ice cream over the top. Invert the second half of the brownie and place it over the top. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. Overnight is best!
7. When ready to cut, remove from the freezer and thaw for 5-10 minutes. Use the parchment paper to lift the entire block out, then use a sharp knife to cut into 8 even squares. Serve and enjoy!