For the Cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from about 3 oranges
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5-6 tablespoons orange zest from about 3 oranges
Pinch of salt
For the Glaze:
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
2–3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a bundt cake pan by greasing it. Double recipe if using a larger bundt pan – mine is smaller than most.
- In a medium large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients, and lightly whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake and bake for about 30-40 minutes until lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool till room temperature and then gently take out the bundt cake. Cool completely on baking rack. Lastly, drizzle glaze, sift on the powdered sugar and decorate with thinly sliced oranges! Enjoy.