Spring is here and this is my favorite recipe to celebrate!
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 lemon, juiced
2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup sugar
- combine egg, yolk, sugar, lemon juice and zest in pan over low heat. stirring continuously.
- remove from heat and stir in butter immediately.
- cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while prepping the dough,
- soften butter with fork and add in sugar + salt
- add cake flour, almond flour and egg. mix well together until it forms a dough.
- transfer to floured surface and roll out dough with rolling pin. place dough in fridge for 20 minutes.
- remove dough from fridge and press into tart pan(s)
- bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- let cool and fill tart with lemon filling.
- finish with lemon zest and a thin slice of lemon