- 8 oz. good quality chocolate bar, 60% or higher
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 oz. packet of powdered hot chocolate mix, I use land o lakes
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup marshmallow creme
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Heat a glass or bowl of water to very warm. Heat the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir the melted butter and partially melted chocolate until they are well combined.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the sugar and eggs together on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in chocolate mixture and beat together eggs and sugar until well combined. Now sift in the hot chocolate mix, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk. add flour until fully combined. Using a cookie scoop – place chocolate cocoa cookies onto sheet pan.
- Dip a spoon into the glass or bowl of hot water. Scoop out a tiny spoonful of marshmallow creme – drop the creme into the batter/cookie. Gently swirl a little to create a slightly marbled look.
Repeat the swirling and scooping process until all the dough/batter is used up.
- Bake the cookies on the center rack for 10-14 minutes or until the edges are fully set. The centers will be cracked and barely set.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet placed on top of a cooling rack until fully cooled. This takes about 10-15 minutes. Use a spatula to loosen the cookies from the parchment paper, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack and enjoy!