Homemade Marshmallows are EASY to make! Messy, but easy! Not to mention they’re another great quick treat to whip up and gift to friends/family/neighbors this holiday season. This was my first time making homemade marshmallows and the process was so fun
• 2 packets unflavored gelatin
• 3/4 cups cool water, divided
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 2/3 cup light corn syrup
• pinch of salt
• cornstarch, for dusting
- Set a medium pan over medium heat. Add the sguar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water. Bring this to a boil and let the mixture boil for 2 minutes. In a stand mixer, add the gelatin and 1/4 cup of cool water. Mix together.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture into the stand mixer and use the whisk attachment to whip on medium high speed. Mix for about 15 minutes, or until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy. You can add your salt during the mixing process.
- Spray your mold and cover generously in cornstarch before transforming marshmallow mixture. Scoop marshmallow mixture with cookie scoop into each pocket (the mold I used is linked below and in my shop!) – when you use the scoop, make sure it is covered in cornstarch so it doesn’t stick!
- Sprinkle to the tops of the marshmallows with cornstarch and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- When done, remove and store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to three weeks.
I used my circle mold and highly recommend it! Linked Here