These refreshing shrimp lettuce wraps are perfect for a light and healthy meal. Juicy shrimp are cooked with fragrant spices and paired with crisp lettuce leaves for a low-carb, gluten-free, and flavorful dish.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb shrimp
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch (to thicken second batch of sauce)
- romaine or butter lettuce to hold it all
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a medium bowl. Save half the sauce and use the other half to marinate the shrimp overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the sauce in a pan over medium-low heat with cornstarch. Once it’s thickened, toss in your marinated shrimp.
- Cook shrimp on one side until pink, about 45 seconds, then flip shrimp over.
- Pour in the remaining marinade/sauce and cook it all until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve in lettuce wraps over rice! Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dinner, lunch