- 1 butternut squash, halved & seeded
- 1 garlic head
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of red chili flakes
- pinch of ground basil + sage
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Halve the butternut squash, oil it, and sprinkle salt.
- Wrap up your garlic head with olive oil.
- Bake both for about 40 minutes (until tender).
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat add butter, shallot, and tomatoes.
- Cook until onion is translucent then add tomato paste and more salt.
- Now add in your roasted butternut squash and garlic with the vegetable stock. I use an immersion blender, but a regular blender works too.
- Add in the rest of the spices while blending together the soup.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream and herbs. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch, Dinner