- 2 pounds ground beef
- small white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- (2) 28oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)
- uncooked lasagna noodles
- fresh basil
- In a Dutch oven, sauté the beef and onion over medium-high heat until the beef is browned. Drain the extra fat from the pan.
- Stir in the seasonings and add the tomatoes + fresh garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now transfer about 6 cups of the meat mixture into large bowl. Set aside for layering.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In another bowl, combine the ricotta, eggs, and 2 cups of the mozzarella.
- With the meat you have left in the Dutch oven, begin to lay about 4 of the lasagna noodles on top – you can break them to fit. Then top with some of the ricotta mixture (I eyeball this for the most part). You want to repeat the layers two more times, using the meat mixture and ricotta mixture in each layer. Top with the remaining 2 cups shredded mozzarella.
- Cover the Dutch oven, transfer to the oven, and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Let the lasagna stand at least 30 minutes before serving. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dinner