These dyed eggs are the perfect tradition to your Easter Celebration. Not only is this recipe, beautiful and delicious but it’s also super easy to make!
4 cups water, divided
4 colors of food coloring
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/8 tbsp cayenne pepper
salt + pepper to taste
chives to garnish
- In a large pot, add eggs and cover with water 2″ above eggs. Bring to a boil over high heat for about 11 minutes.
- Place eggs in bowl loaded with water and add ice.
- In four bowls, add water to each. Stir in drops of food coloring to each bowl.
- Add whole, peeled eggs to bowls and allow to sit until the desired color is reached. The longer the egg sits in the dye, the more vibrant the resulting color will be.
- Remove dyed eggs to a plate lined with paper towels to dry
- Slice each egg lengthwise and remove the yolks. Transfer them to a bowl. With a fork, mash yolks until smooth. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Stir together until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add yolk mixture to piping bag. Pipe to fill the cavity of each egg white with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with chopped chives prior to serving, if desired.