- 2 store bought or homemade 9 inch pie crusts
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 cans of apple pie filling or homemade
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 2 tbsps of sugar mixed with cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Lay 1 pie crust into greased pie plate. Press firmly against the side and bottom of the pie plate. Use a fork to pierce the crust gently all over the bottom and up the sides of the pie and then refrigerate.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the other piecrust into a rectangle shape and brush with the melted butter, sprinkle with the sugar and the cinnamon mixture, and start to tightly roll into a log. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to make sure it holds together when cutting.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and fill it with the apple pie filling. Now cut the dough log (I always recommend using floors or thread instead of a knife! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find mine, but a knife worked just fine too.
- Arrange cinnamon roll slices over the apple mixture, brush the pie crust edges and the slices with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F, place a crust ring (or aluminum foil) on the pie to prevent it from burning, and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Category: Dessert