3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine sea salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
room temp pie shell from store
- Preheat oven to 350F (if making day of)
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If time permits, wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. If you’re making the pie right away – chill dough for 30min.
- Place pie crust from the store in buttered pie dish. Remove dough from fridge and let sit at room temperature just until it is soft enough to place and mold on top of pie crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or more, until golden brown. Let cool before cutting and serving.
- Perfectly paired with vanilla ice cream and a glass of milk.