Try this hearty soup recipe that is a twist on a classic chicken enchilada and can be made for a quick and easy lunch or dinner on a cold winter day.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks sliced
- 1 Medium Carrot thinly sliced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 can (15 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cans (14.5oz each) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken, I used rotisserie
- 1 Cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
- Tortilla chips
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Stir in seasonings, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
Remove from heat and blend the soup until smooth and creamy using an immersion blender.
Place the soup back over medium heat and add beans, corn, and shredded cooked chicken. Stir to combine and boil for a couple of minutes.
Transfer into bowls and top with shredded cheese, chips, and avocado!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: soup, dinner, lunch