- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- First, brown the butter. Melt 1 cup of butter over medium heat and stir until it’s a rich amber color. Pour the butter into a measuring glass – scrape the bottom of the pot to get all of the brown bits. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about 20 minutes. Don’t let it solidify.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cooled brown butter then add in the egg yolk, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients, chill the dough for about 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- Mix together the coating ingredients in a small dish – set aside.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Drop into the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat. The dough will be very soft but not sticky.
- Place onto the baking sheet and bake for 12ish minutes or until the edges are darkened.
- Let cool and enjoy!