- 1 sheet puff pastry – thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apples, peeled and chopped cinnamon + sugar
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Set aside.
- Unfold one pastry sheet onto your lined cookie sheet. I use a silicone baking mat but parchment paper works too.
- Cut 1-inch strips from the center out along each side.
- Smear the cream cheese mixture evenly on the middle section only.
- Cook down your apples on the stove for about 10 minutes with some sugar and cinnamon.
- Add your apple filling to top of the cream cheese.
- Fold the notches up and over the center, then fold each strip over the fruit, overlapping and alternating, creating a braid.
- Beat egg yolk to use for egg wash on the top of the braid. Using a pastry brush, paint on a light coat covering the pastry. Sprinkle the top with a little more cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert