- 3 apples
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- soft butter mixed with cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons of water
- juice of ½ a lemon or 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Slice the apples in half from top to bottom – remove the core ends and then scoop out the core in the center. Slice the apples into very thin slices.
- Fill a medium-sized bowl half full of water – squeeze the lemon juice into the water. Place the sliced apples in the water and microwave for 5 minutes until slightly tender. Drain the apples in a colander.
- Place pastries flat on a floured surface. Roll the pastries out with a rolling pin the flatten them just a little more. Cut each pastry into 6 equal slices.
- One at a time, spoon the butter/cinnamon mixture onto a slice of pastry. Place apple slices along one half of the pastry slice with the peel side facing out. Fold the pastry in half to cover the apples. Starting on one end, roll the pastry and apples to the other end.
- Place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 375ºF for 40 minutes. To keep the apples from burning place a pan of water on the bottom rack while they cook (I forgot to do this and the apple tops burnt a little!)