NOTHING BEATS THIS CLASSIC CHRISTMAS COOKIE
I am salivating all over again just typing this blog post. These *Pecan* Butter Blossom Cookies topped with Hot Cocoa and Sugar Cookie Hershey Kisses have stolen my heart. You guys may have noticed all of my Christmas cookie recreations this year – I absolutely love putting a little twist on the classics. I would argue these are the most popular Christmas cookie and even thought they aren’t exactly the same as the Peanut Butter Blossom cookie they hold the #1 spot for me!
This recipe doesn’t have my typical *healthier* substituted ingredients, but thats OK. It’s fun to just bake and explore in the kitchen sometimes. These have butter, sugar, Hershey kisses and all the things that many of us are way too scared of. Try it out and enjoy some this holiday with your family.
WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE
Not only is it incredibly easy and fun to make, but it is also extremely versatile. Feel free to add in any sort of chocolate you like. You can also double the recipe if you are serving more people, or want to have extra for the week ahead! I HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DO!
Pecan Butter Blossom Cookies
- 1 + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy pecan butter sub in peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter if you desire
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- more granulated sugar to roll dough in
- Hershey Kisses, I used sugar cookie and hot cocoa flavor to top the cookies with
- Preheat oven 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately. When mixing the wet ingredients use a hand mixer!
- Reduce mixer speed and gradually add in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated
- Place cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill
- After the dough has chilled, use a spoon or cookie scooper to form 1 inch balls
- Roll the balls in the granulated sugar, transfer to baking sheet (about 2 inches apart) and press lightly to create the crackly edges
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove and top with a Hershey kiss
- Store cookies in airtight container for up to a week!
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.