The best homemade cinnamon rolls ever! If you love gooey cinnamon buns, this recipe is for you! Everyone says these taste like a Cinnabon copy-cat. I also have the Creamy Cashew Icing recipe attached at the bottom of the page OR you can find it under “sweets”
Cinnamon rolls are one of the BEST breakfasts. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 + 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the warm milk in the bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle the yeast overtop.Add the eggs, butter, salt and sugar.
- Add in 4 cups (save the other 1/2 cup and add only if you need it) of flour and mix using the beater blade just until the ingredients are combined. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes so the flour has time to soak.
- Scrape the dough off the beater blade and remove it. Attach the dough hook. Beat the dough on medium speed, adding in up to 1/2 cup more flour if needed to form a dough.
- Knead for 5-7 minutes or until the dough is elastic-like. The dough should be tacky and will still be sticking to the sides of the bowl. That's normal! Don't add more flour at this point.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Use a rubber spatula to remove the dough from the mixer bowl and place it in the greased large bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel or wax paper.
- Set the bowl in a warm place and allow the dough to rise until double. It normally takes about 30 minutes for the dough to rise. Do not allow the dough to rise too much or your cinnamon rolls will be airy.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the cinnamon filling. In a medium bowl, combine the soft butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
- Sprinkle surface generously with flour. Place the dough onto the surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with additional flour. Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough to about a 24×15" rectangle. It ok if your measurement isn’t spot on
- Use a rubber spatula to smooth the cinnamon filling over the whole dough rectangle. Starting on the long end, roll the dough up tightly jelly roll style. Cut into 12 slices and place in a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Cover the pan and allow the rolls to rise for 20 minutes or until nearly double.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden brown and the center rolls are cooked through. They could take up to 25-27 minutes but check the rolls at 20 minutes. If they are getting too browned, cover loosely with foil for the remaining baking time.
- While the rolls are cooling, prepare the CREAMY CASHEW GLAZE – you can find the recipe ATTACHED BELOW
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.