Neapolitan Style Pizza Crust:
- 2 3/4 cups “00” flour, I use @bobsredmill
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup room temp water
- 1 tsp salt
- mozzarella sliced, to cut ghost shapes
- tomato sauce
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- olives, for eyes & mouth of “ghosts”
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add yeast, water and salt. Using your hands(or bread mixer), mix until combined (dough will be wet and sticky). Cover the bowl with wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for AT LEAST 2 hours. Preferably over night. Using floured hands, knead dough.
- Place a pizza stone on a rack in the center of a cold oven and preheat to 500°F.
- Place one ball of dough on a well-floured surface. Place a piece of parchment paper on a pizza peel. Lightly flour hands and stretch dough out to a 12-inch circle, adding more flour as needed leaving the edge of the dough slightly thicker than the middle. Place on the prepared peel. Top with Pesto, red sauce, ghost mozzarella slices. Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for until browned and bubbly. Finish with fresh basil.