The easiest, most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth slow cooker Beef Stroganoff. I love a good ‘set it and forget it’ meal! This is the perfect cozy dinner for these upcoming chilly months.
* Cooking spray
* 2 lbs chuck or sirloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
* 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
* 1 small yellow onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
* 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 8 ounces dried egg noodles
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
* 1/3 cup full-fat sour cream
* 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley leaves
Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Toss sirloin in salt/pepper/flour (shake off excess flour). In cast iron skillet with butter sear sirloin on both sides then remove, dice into squares and place in the slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the beef is tender, 6 to 8 hours on the LOW setting, or 3 to 4 hours on the HIGH setting.
30 minutes before you are ready to eat, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss with a little butter, and set aside.
Gradually and slowly stir the sour cream into the stroganoff. Serve over buttered noodles and sprinkle with the parsley if desired.