Broccoli Cheddar Rolls
Boccoli Cheddar Roll-Ups🥦✨ These rolls are easy, swirled with cheese, stuffed with broccoli and fresh herbs + has a kick! Serve at your next family/friend gathering as an easy brunch or appetizer. I love to pair mine with a marinara dipping sauce👏
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 ½ – 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½-1 cup chopped & cooked broccoli
- In the bowl (stand mixer) combine the milk, honey, eggs, butter, 3 ½ cups flour, yeast and salt. Using the dough hook, mix until the flour is completely incorporated. If the dough seems sticky, add the remaining ½ cup of flour.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Roll out the dough into a rectangle about 10 x 16 inches. Spread the pesto evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the broccoli pieces and cheddar mix evenly over the pesto, lightly pushing it into the pesto. Starting with the long edge closest to you, carefully roll the dough into a log, keeping it fairly tight as you go. When you reach the edge, pinch along the edge to seal. Using a string cut into rolls. Place the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more cheddar cheese. Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Serve warm and enjoy.