One of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
Mini Apple Pecan Pies
One of my favorite thanksgiving recipes!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened or 2 sticks
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-4 apples chopped into small cubes
- ⅓ cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed juice
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven 350F and spray mini muffin pan
For the crust:
- Use hand mixer to beat the brown sugar and butter together.
- Then add the flour and salt until well combined.
- Take one tablespoon of dough and transfer to mini muffin pocket – I use the back end of the tablespoon to press the crust into shape.
For the filling:
- Chop apples and pecans then toss into a pan oven low medium heat with the rest of the ingredients
- Add in 1 tbsp of arrowroot powder to give it a thicker consistency.
- Transfer 1 tbsp of filling into each cup.